This is absolutely one of the greatest journeys to combine Tibetan culture with a spectacular trek. For acclimitisation, we spend several days on our approach to base camp, taking in short walks and mixing with the Tibetan people. On arrival at base camp you will be astonished by the huge and uninterrupted views of Everest’s great North Face. There is also the opportunity to climb the popular Lobuche Peak (6119m), located north west of Everest Base Camp on the way west of Lobuche Village.
The expedition lasts 20 days. After a couple of days’ preparation in Kathmandu we fly to Lukla and trek onward to Phakding and Namche Bazar (with a village tour and a hike to Thame). We then head on to Pangboche, Dingboche and Dingboche Ri. We then trek to Lobuche, where we are based for our trek to Gorakshep, hikes to Kalapatter and Everest base camp, and our climb of Lobuche peak (using a high camp). We hike back out to Lukla and fly back to Kathmandu by day 18.
Detail itinerary as per below.
- Day 01– Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters). Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02– Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03– Fly to Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 04– Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 05– Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day.Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 06– Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 07– Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 08– Day trip to Dingboche Ri and back to Dingboche . 4 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 09– Trek to Lobuche (4930 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 10– Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep (5180 meters). 7 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 11– Hike up Kalapattar (5555 meters) then trek down to Lobuche (4930 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 12– Trek to Lobuche Peak Base Camp (4950 meters). 5 hours, Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 13– Summit to Lobuche East Peak (6119 meters) then back to Base Camp. Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 14– Spare day in case of bad weather. Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 15– Trek to Panboche (4000 meteras) 6 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 16– Trek to Namche (3441 meters). 6 hours Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 17– Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 18– Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 19– Leisure day in Kathmandu Overnight at hotel.
- Day 20– Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure.
Is this trip suitable for you?
The route is well within the reach of regular mountain walkers with a good level of fitness.
Everest Base Camp, Lobuche Peak (6119m)
Duration: Months March/April/May or Septemebr/October/November/December
20 days Kathmandu to Kathmandu
|Included in price
All airport transfers in Nepal, all accommodation in Nepal, breakfast in Kathmandu, sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, trekking permits, peak fees and National Park entry, porters, Sherpas and guides, all meals on trek and climb, local staff insurance. Group climbing gear such as ropes, snow stakes, protection. Group equipment such as stoves, tents, mats, kitchen gear, medical kit, medical oxygen, Gammov bag, satellite phone.
|Excluded in price
International airfares, visas, transfer fees, departure taxes, excess baggage, tips to trek staff, hotels etc., personal travel insurance, lunch and dinner in KTM, personal expenses such as gifts, phone calls, laundry and alcohol, personal equipment.